ABOUT SPINAL ACT
Spinal ACT is a volunteer, not-for-profit, non-political, non-sectarian, community-based, self-help organization. Spinal ACT is a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC). Registration details can be found on the ACNC website or by clicking here.
The mission of Spinal ACT is to improve the quality of life for those living with spinal cord injury in the Australian Capitol Territory and surrounding regions. Spinal ACT aims to deliver opportunities by whatever means are appropriate to the community of people with spinal cord injury, their families, carers and professionals who treat them, to discuss best practice and empower those injured to achieve their full potential.
Specifically, Spinal ACT will:
- Provide a forum for all people with spinal cord injury, their families, carers and professionals who treat them (the SCI community), to discuss best practice and empower those injured to reach their full potential.
- Advocate for facilities and services to meet the long-term needs and goals of people living with spinal cord injuries.
- Work with government and non-government agencies at all levels to ensure that the interests of the spinal cord injured are taken into account into decision making.
- Co-operate with other organizations that can assist Spinal ACT to achieve its aims.
- Provide an information 'exchange' for the SCI community.
- Advocate for, raise awareness of and promote:
- A gym offering therapeutic exercise to the spinal cord injured (NeuroMoves).
- facilities for recreation.
- fundraising and events.
- community accessibility.